Join us as we drive snowmobiles out of Longyearbyen, and into the polar night. At this time of year the sun never rises above the horizon, and the stars shine all “day” long.
Our trip runs out into Adventdalen, away from the artificial light in town. We drive past the old airport of Longyearbyen where planes would land on skis using a runway flattened out on the snow. We drive over the frozen river delta to a natural phenomenon known to the Inuits as a “Pingo”.
This lies around 20km away from town, and we stop and switch off the engines in order to fully appreciate the stillness of night in the Arctic.
Hot drinks and stories are shared, often underneath the flickering magic of the aurora, before we head back to civilization again.
Our snowmobiles have an industry leading fuel economy and are therefore one of the most environmentally friendly snowmobiles on the market.
- Transport to and from your hotel
- Touring snowmobile and fuel
- A snowmobile suit, boots, mittens, helmet, goggles and balaclava
- Hot drinks and biscuits
- Search and Rescue Insurance
- A local and experienced guide with a snowmobile and safety equipment
- We recommend you wear warm clothing
- On colder days an extra set of gloves as a liner to our mittens
- A mid-layer consisting of a sweater and pants in fleece or wool is advisable
- Down jackets, or other heavily insulated clothing, are not recommended beneath the snowmobile suit
- Our snowmobiles do not have a storage compartment, so a small backpack could be useful for cameras, extra jackets, and other small items
- A base-layer of wool or an equivalent is essential
- A valid driving license for a car or motorcycle must be carried during the whole trip
- Pickup at your hotel. Pick up time can vary on special dates, look in the booking window below.
- We do not recommend joining this trip if you are pregnant or have any back pains.
NOK 1990,- (driver)
NOK 990,- (passenger)
Duration: 3,5 timer
Terms and conditions here!