In pairs, you will take turns mushing (dogsledding) a team of 5-6 dogs.
Two guests will be sitting in the guide sledge,riding 10-12 dogs. We will pick you up at your accommodation and take you to our kennel, right next to the snowmobile-free area 12 kilometres outside Longyearbyen.
Here you’ll be dressed up with suit, boots, hat & mittens.
Then you will meet the dogs and Your guide will give you a thorough briefing about dogsledding, before we start putting harnesses on the dogs.
At this point there will be plenty of activity in the kennel as all of the dogs will want to come on the trip. You may take part in the harnessing of the dogs if you want to.
During the day you will begin to be able to tell the difference between the dogs in Your team and to get to know their personalities. You will experience the dynamics of the dog-sledge team and will most likely be surprised to see that dogs as tough as these can be so kind and adoring. This trip does not require any experience with dogsledding.
The trip goes through beautiful Bolterdalen, which offers unique arctic scenery and good chances of observing artic wildlife, such as reindeer and ptarmigan.
- When: – 9 AM/drop off at 13:00;pick up at 15/drop off at 19. See available departures, prices & capacity by pressing the bookingbutton below!
- Duration:4 hours all-inclusive. We sled for around 1,5 hours,depending on conditions.We normally go in small groups with maximum 8 guests,to give you the best and more personal experience.
- Included:pick up/drop off at hotel in Longyearbyen. Green Dog provides suits, boots, gloves, hats, neckgaiters, goggles .You need to wear a warm inner layer and extra socks. Coffee,bisquits and puppy visit after the trip.
- Min/max no of guests:Min 1. For Groups 8+, please contact us in advance.
- Min age:please contact us if you bring a child below 8 yrs.
- Condition: normal health.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that this is a dogsledge trip and that it is difficult to make longer breaks for photographing!
Terms and conditions here!